The Parent Child Center of Tulsa believes that all children deserve to be loved, nurtured and protected. We strive to offer a PATHWAY OF HOPE to support families where they are in the community. Parents as Teachers® is our home based, early childhood parent education and family support program that serves families from pregnancy until children enter kindergarten.
Parents as Teachers® is designed to provide parents with information and assistance to enhance the intellectual, language, social, and physical development of children. Families are able to turn their child’s everyday experiences into fun-filled learning opportunities and create eager learners who are ready for school. Every other week, our home based parent educators share child development and parenting information with families.
Each family receives:
- CHILD DEVELOPMENT SCREENINGS to learn about motor, language and social needs;
- PRENATAL EDUCATION & CHILD DEVELOPMENT EDUCATION including positive parent-child interaction activities using the Parents as Teachers® curriculum promoting bonding and healthy brain development; and
- REFERRALS & INFORMATION on community resources to meet families’ needs.
PARENTS AS TEACHERS® IS VOLUNTARY AND FREE OF CHARGE!
We serve families in both English and Spanish.
Pregnant women and families with children up to five years old may enroll.
Because parents can often support and learn from each other, we offer parenting groups for our families. Parents learn:
- New activities to explore with their children;
- Fresh ways to build stronger bonds with their children; and
- Different ways to turn everyday experiences into fun filled learning opportunities that encourage children to become eager learners who are ready for school.
- PARENTING GROUPS ARE VOLUNTARY AND FREE OF CHARGE!