~ Reprinted from American Humane Association ~
[typography font=”Cantarell” size=”16″ size_format=”px”]
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all children are created equal and are endowed with certain inalienable rights, among them:
1. The right to enter the world loved, nurtured, and in good health.
2. The right to be well-nourished and sheltered from harm.
3. The right to live free of exploitation, abuse and neglect.
4. The right to grow and flourish in a safe place, among those who care.
5. The right to cures for their ills, and comfort for their hurts.
6. The right to educate the mind, develop the body, and nourish the spirit.
7. The right to be prepared to assume a productive role in society.
8. The right to assume the responsibilities and just consequences of their actions.
9. The right to participate in determining their own destiny.
10. The right to the liberty, justice and dignity accorded all.
Asserting these Rights of Children to be inviolable
and fundamental to a humane world,
when in the course of human events
such rights are denied or abridged,
it is the duty of a just people to seek remedy.