PROTECT children at risk through family safety & support services.
HEAL the harmed through parent & child treatment.
The Parent Child Center provides a wide array of services focused on strengthening families to prevent and end child abuse and neglect in our community.
All of our education and prevention programs are voluntary. Parents or children are referred by physicians, hospital social workers, other human service agencies. (Many times clients refer family or friend because of what they learned in our services). Adults in our treatment programs are referred by DHS, courts, or private attorneys.
Our Mission: To prevent child abuse and neglect through education, treatment and advocacy.
Why do people come to PCCT?
- Their family is going through a difficult time and it’s affecting their child.
- Their use of discipline doesn’t seem to be working.
- They feel all alone with the responsibility of raising their child.
- They would like to learn more about protecting and nurturing their child.
- They feel angry and sometimes out of control, and they are afraid they might do something rash.
- Their child is about to be expelled from daycare, preschool, or kindergarten, or has had dramatic change in behavior in past few months.
- They are at a loss as to how to be a good parent. All they can remember is how they were raised and they find themselves doing what they said they’d never do.
- They have been reported to DHS and are referred here for services.
- A court has ordered visits or other services.
- Their child has been exposed to or witnessed violence in their home, neighborhood or school.
- The unique role The Parent Child Center fills in the community is child abuse prevention.
PCCT works to prevent abuse in three areas, our funds are allocated in these areas as listed below:
The Parent Child Center is part of a continuum of services for families at risk in our community: