- Coordinates all aspects of the Kids on the Block (KOB) educational puppet program including administrative duties, scheduling performances, logistics, delivering puppet show performances, administering surveys, and training of KOB educators. As a part of the agency’s External Relations department, this position utilizes opportunities to provide education about other agency programs and services.
- Serves as program lead to coordinate the delivery of all KOB education to students.
- Preserves program fidelity through precise memorization of all KOB scripts, practices lines and manipulation of puppets as necessary to become proficient at handling puppets and performing for groups.
- Markets KOB to elementary schools, community agencies, and other entities that work directly with children.
- Maintains direct communication with school/site “gate keepers” for the purpose of scheduling KOB puppet performances, maintaining a network for re-occurring KOB performance opportunities, and responds to potential partnerships that may create KOB program growth.
- Keeps accurate program records and, in cooperation with the Director of External Relations, shares key information to community and program stakeholders regarding program outcomes and growth for maintaining professional relationships and program initiatives, providing relevant data to Development for grant applications and subsequent reporting requirements, etc.
- Communicates program outputs and/or outcomes to key school district officials.
- Evaluates and identifies program needs and recommends appropriate solutions to the Director of External Relations.
- Maintains all KOB scripts, props, puppets, handouts, forms, and correspondences.
- Participates in community presentations, professional workshops, and other community events pertaining to External Relations as needed.
- Continues to enhance professional skills and knowledge through workshops and in-service trainings.
- Consistently follows all agency policies and procedures.
- Respects and supports agency volunteers and looks for creative ways to use volunteers in programs.
- Demonstrates the agency’s values of compassion, respect, learning, adaptability and achievement.
- Participates in agency Performance and Quality Improvement initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of External Relations.
- Associates Degree
- Two years of prior experience working with children in an educational setting.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Excellent organizational, administrative, multi-tasking, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral/written communication and public relations/customer service skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, ability to safely and reliably drive to and from performances.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Ability to hold puppets at required position for extended periods of time.
- Availability extends beyond regular business hours with some weekends and evenings.
- Bachelor’s Degree