Summary of Position
The Development Specialist works as a part of the Development Team and is responsible for supporting the mission of The Parent Child Center of Tulsa through donor development, donor recognition, special events, marketing and communications, as well as promoting overall community awareness of the organization.
Essential Job Functions
As part of the Development Team, the Development Specialist will be assigned a variety of duties and includes the following:
- Ensures high-level functioning of all donor database elements and features.
- Updates donor information and gifts in the donor management system.
- Generates detailed database reports per a schedule and as needed.
- Accurately records in-kind gifts.
- Generates thank you notes and tax receipts.
- Produces grant Letters of Intent, funder report-backs, and performs research with Grants Writer.
- Solicits all in-kind gifts and donations less than $500.
- Works closely with Chief Development Officer in creating and coordinating annual appeals.
- Assists with recruitment of corporate and community partnerships.
- Maintain master schedule of all development activities, including PCCT fundraisers, third-party events, outreach and engagement activities etc.
- Assists with the planning, logistics and execution of all PCCT fundraising events.
- Manages third-party events and coordinates with hosts and vendors to ensure events are successful.
- Provides planning and support for public presentations, agency tours and supporter recruitment events.
- Perform other duties as may be delegated.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be proficient in computer applications. Experience with Raisers Edge or Sales Force, a plus.
- Excellent skills in writing, editing, organization and attention to details.
- Must be organized and have the ability to multitask.
- Able to work well under pressure and as part of a team environment.
- Must be able to pass a nationwide background check.
Knowledge and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree.
- As an employee of The Parent Child Center of Tulsa, the Development Specialist is responsible for promoting the mission and goals of the agency. In addition, the Development Specialist is responsible for adhering to the code of ethics as published by the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP).
- Degree in marketing, event planning, public relations, communication or related field preferred.
- A minimum of two years in event planning, marketing and communications and donor cultivation is preferred.
- Prior experience working at a non-profit organization is preferred.