Family Support Worker is responsible for optimizing the home environment for the physical and mental well-being of unborn babies, infants and children who are at risk of being abused and/or neglected by their families. FSW will assist in strengthening the parent-child relationship through education, parenting skills training and intensive case management and support. FSW will utilize the Lutzker SafeCare® Program model for reducing child maltreatment to develop plans for family intervention. Focus is on families in the Hispanic community who have limited or no English language skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, or related field, plus two years work experience with at risk families.
- Excellent written and oral communication and translation skills in both English and Spanish and a high level of organizational skills.
- Prior experience working with prenatal women, infants, children and their families and home visitation experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Hispanic culture and experience working with the Hispanic population.
- Excellent listening skills and interpersonal skills.
- Maintain a valid state driver’s license and a car for full-time business use in making home visits.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds to carry forms, parent-child activity materials, and basic need items to one’s car and to apartments that may be upstairs.
- Ability to sit on floor for extended period of time to perform activities as needed while on home visits.
- Ability to work with culturally diverse populations and in geographical areas that are identified as higher risk locations.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, or related field.
To apply, please fill out the application form and attach supporting documents.