As a caring individual concerned about the issue of child abuse and neglect in our community, there are many ways you can help. Volunteer opportunities vary in time commitment, level of training, and depth of involvement with clients.
Volunteers are needed in the following areas:
- Never Shake a Baby – Help with follow-up calls to new parents who have been visited in the hospital by our Never Shake A Baby program following the birth of a child. Conduct a short phone survey with those that have consented to be contacted. Also, data entry for survey results. Flexible hours.
- Kids on the Block Puppet Program: Perform skits for area elementary school aged children. This program helps children learn how to talk about their experiences, fears and concerns and understand how to get help if they need it. Hours are flexible, training provided.
- SafeCare®: Volunteers are needed to provide childcare to families at the Tulsa Co. Emergency Shelter on Monday/Tuesday/Thursday evenings from 5:30 p.m. – 7:15 p.m. while parents attend support groups.
- General maintenance: We need an all-around handy helper. Do you have repair skills that we could utilize? This is a very flexible, on-call position with tons of “thank you’s.”
- Front Porch Project Support: Assist with clerical tasks. Filing, copying, research. Hours are flexible.
- Transportation: Delivery, pick-up and distribution of donated items to and from PCCT. Volunteer will need to have a pick-up truck or van.
- Ongoing landscape and garden maintenance.
- General Clerical: Data entry, reception and program support. Flexible hours.
All volunteer positions require a background check and screening process. For more information or to schedule a volunteer interview, contact our Coordinator of Volunteer Services, Carol Sartin, at 918.699-0535. You can also click here to email her.